Review LED Case Study Reports from Independence LED Retrofits and Installations
Independence LED has LED Case Study reports on retrofits and installations across the Fortune 100 from Morgan Stanley to MetLife and in the public sector from multiple NAVY ships to the first Veterans Affairs Hospital. Our LED Retrofit at the Davis and Warshow Distribution Center in Queens, NY won the Best Lighting Retrofit for the largest LED tube retrofit in US history, a facility with over 2 miles of LED tubes. Click on the links below to review the LED Case Study files from select Independence LED accounts across a range of industries. Contact us to learn more about how our US Made LED Light Fixtures or Turnkey Commercial LED Lighting Solutions can help your business save energy, earn maximum rebates, and optimize performance through smart controls and better illumination.
Click on a Link Below to View the LED Case Study with the Option to Download a PDF File
Restaurant LED Case Study Reports:
Parking Garage LED Case Study Reports:
Corrections Facility LED Case Study Reports:
Automotive LED Case Study Reports:
Public Safety LED Case Study Reports:
Distribution Centers and Industrial LED Case Study Reports:
Retail LED Case Study Reports:
Multi Family LED Case Study Reports:
Healthcare LED Case Study Reports:
Office Building LED Case Study Reports:
Community Center LED Case Study Report:
U.S. Government Federal and Municipal LED Case Study Reports:
Independence LED’s Made in America LED technology is also saving tax payer money across multiple other public sector accounts including over 30 U.S.NAVY Ships for Military Sealift Command (MSC) and confidential installations for other Government Agencies.
Sample Commercial LED Lighting Retrofits for Real Estate Portfolio Company Newmark Holdings
(Press Release) Case Studies:
1560 Broadway, New York, NY
247 W 37th St, New York, NY
307 West 36th St, New York, NY
505 8th Ave, New York, NY
740 Broadway, New York, NY
5-9 Union Square W., New York, NY
16 West 22nd St, New York, NY
27 Union Square W., New York, NY
249 W 34th St, New York, NY
520 8th Ave, New York, NY
200 Varick Street, New York, NY
515 Madison Ave, New York, NY
349 East 149th St, New York, NY
171 Madison Ave, New York, NY
209 West 38th St, New York, NY
318 West 39th St, New York, NY
322 8th Ave, New York, NY
594 Broadway, New York, NY
630 9th Ave, New York, NY
80 8th Ave, New York, NY
305 7th Ave, New York, NY
560 Broadway, New York, NY
230 5th Ave, New York, NY
40 Worth St, New York, NY
1 Long Wharf Dr, New Haven, CT
Contact Us to discuss how Independence LED can help you take full advantage of energy saving LED lighting technology. We un-complicate lighting and delver results.
LED lighting technology is fast replacing other types of legacy bulbs, and it’s time for commercial and other types of organizations to notice. LEDs last longer, provide better light, cost less to maintain, and consume much less energy than legacy lighting fixtures. Imagine a shopping center that replaced its parking lot or exterior lighting, without even touching the interior lights...the energy and financial savings alone would be enough to finance a LED retrofit for the interior! Let’s take a look at some different applications in which commercial LED lighting has made a world of difference.
Commercial LED lighting for parking garages: The Franklin Institute
Parking garages are a unique component of commercial spaces, and they can hugely impact the energy footprint for a particular organization. For instance, take the case of The Franklin Institute, a renowned museum in Philadelphia, for whom Stouch Lighting recently completed an LED retrofit. We replaced their HID and fluorescent lamps to help them see these results:
- Energy Reduction: 66% Reduction over existing lighting energy consumption
- KWH Reduction: 264,902 Kwh Reduction
- Annual Maintenance Savings: $7,674 dollars
- Greenhouse Gas Reduction: 896,935 lbs
By replacing more than 280 lighting fixtures in the parking garage of The Franklin Institute, they were able to reach their goals of decreased energy consumption and improved lighting quality. This allows them to spend precious resources on more important pursuits like the progress of science and research (of which LED lighting is a byproduct!).
The retrofit we accomplished for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority is another great example of why your organization should switch from fluorescent to LED lighting. Before we get into the merits of one bulb versus the other, take a look at the Before and After photos from the station:
...and ask yourself a simple question: which station would you rather be traveling in? The well-lit, professional-looking platform, or the one that could possibly host the next scene in your favorite horror flick? The Before and After pictures are a great example of how completing an LED retrofit can really improve the quality of lighting in a facility, but that is not the only benefit.
How are LED bulbs better than fluorescent lighting - especially for commercial lighting?
Fluorescent lighting fixtures are common in a lot of applications (such as the SEPTA platforms), but they have some significant drawbacks when compared with LED commercial lighting fixtures. Here are some things you may not have known about fluorescent lighting (read here for the full blog):
- Fluorescent lights have good lifespan relative to some bulbs but not compared to LED lighting. Typical lifespan values range from 7,000 hours to 15,000 hours before a bulb requires replacement. Sometimes, however, fluorescent lights need to be changed out before the end of their useful life to preempt serious degradation effects like flicker or changing light color (turning pink). These are non-issues with commercial LED lighting.
- Did you know that fluorescent lights actually produce primarily UV radiation? They generate visible light because the bulb is coated with a layer of phosphor which glows when it comes into contact with UV radiation. Roughly 15% of the emissions are lost due to energy dissipation and heat...which results in higher consumption and higher energy bills.
- Fluorescent lights - like almost all other lights except for LEDs - are omnidirectional. This means that they output light in all directions, so lighting fixtures are required to direct the lighting footprint where you want it to go. This means decreased efficiency, and increased costs.
- Fluorescent lights also experience efficiency losses as the device ages and additional current is required to achieve the same lighting output. Efficiency losses are greater and the degradation time shorter in the case of fluorescent bulbs when compared to LED lighting solutions.
The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority primarily had fluorescent bulbs, and Stouch Lighting replaced the lighting and fixtures with energy efficient lighting solutions. Here are some of the results they realized:
- Kwh Reduction - 5,281,404
- Lighting Energy Reduction Percentage - 64%
- Annual Maintenance Cost Reduction - $617,624
- Greenhouse Gas Reduction - 7,218,366 lbs
Commercial LED lighting for M&T Bank: what were the results?
As a last example, we’d like to share some of the results that M&T Bank in Wilmington experienced after changing their High Pressure Sodium (HPS), metal halide, and fluorescent lights to commercial LED light fixtures. Here’s the Before and After photo:
As you can see, the lighting quality is vastly improved, resulting in increased consumer comfort and safety. Additionally, M&T Bank saw financial savings based on the following results:
- Kwh Reduction - 299,598
- Lighting Energy Reduction Percentage - 61%
- Annual Maintenance Cost Reduction - $22,691
- Rebate Eligibility - $62,675 (learn more about financing LED retrofits here)
- Greenhouse Gas Reduction - 846,554 lbs
- Total Fixtures Replaced - 385
- Projected ROI - 10 Months (we will run a free ROI calculation for your organization)
You can read more about how commercial LED lights compare to HPS lights, or how they stack up against metal halide lighting. But the bottom line is this: commercial LED lighting is changing the way organizations operate by helping to accomplish three basic goals: improved lighting quality, decreased energy consumption, and decreased maintenance costs. These objectives are particularly important for organizations that have tenants, high customer traffic, or a large footprint.
If you have questions about whether an LED retrofit is right for your organization, please reach out today. Stouch Lighting will help you accomplish a free Return on Investment calculation to see what the results would be if you switch from legacy lighting to commercial LED lighting...it’s well worth your time!